Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hungary: The Invisible bridge - Book Review



This is the third book in the series - Around the World in 24 books! The story is based on Hungary.

Countries visited earlier:

The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is Julie Orringer's first novel. It is a sad love story set against the backdrop of Budapest and Paris during World War II and the family's struggle to survive against forces of annihilation.

An epic historical novel which makes you live through the days of the second World War. The story has been beautifully narrated and the characters have been beautifully portrayed. Some parts of the novel had too much detail and I found myself skimming thorough the pages. The book had a sad tone throughout. Not recommended if you are looking for a happy read. It was a super long novel but I definitely leant a lot more about war, Jews, WWII, Hungary and the hardships faced by everyone during war.

The book made me realize how fortunate I am not living through war and disaster!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...